Monday, July 16, 2007

Atlanta and South Carolina

This past weekend Grant and I went on a mini road trip. Our first stop was Atlanta, GA.

We met up with my good friends from UF, Danielle and Maggie, to celebrate Danielle's upcoming wedding. On Friday we went shopping and we got to see Danielle try on her wedding dress for the very fist time! It was nothing like I would expect it to be given Dani's taste, but it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

That night we threw Danielle a bridal shower at The Flying Biscuit, a restaurant that Dani and Jose would frequent when they lived in Atlanta. The shower was a lot of fun! I was very excited to meet all the bridesmaids and Dani's family. After the shower we went out for a bit. We were so exhausted that we didn't last long at the bar and got back to the hotel around 1:45AM, just 4 hours before we had to leave in the morning to drive Dani and Maggie to the airport! I must have turned off my alarm in my sleep because I was woken up at 5:55 by Danielle telling me we were leaving in 5 minutes!!!

After dropping Dani and Maggie off Grant and I drove to Liberty, South Carolina to visit Grant's brother and his family. Well...Grant slept and I drove. I passed a HUGE fireworks stand and Grant missed it because he was sleeping. He is still mad that I didn't wake him up despite the fact that the store was closed since it was 8AM!
South Carolina had really cheap gas!

We got to Eddie and Cari's at around 9:30AM. It was really nice seeing them. Grant and I learned how to play the Wii and went on a hike to a waterfall. We are not yet the Wii masters that Eddie and Car are, but hopefully we'll get there soon! After playing their Wii we might be in the market to get one ourselves! Randy and Meredith have grown so much since the last time we saw them! Meredith was able to read two books to me all by herself!
Grant and Randy on the way to the waterfall.

Randy, me and Meredith at the waterfall.

Me and Meredith at the waterfall.

Me, Meredith and Randy at the waterfall.

My husband! What a hottie!!

Cari, Me, Meredith, Randy and Grant.

Grant with a snake! Ewww!!!!


Hopefully we'll be able to see our friends and family again really soon!!

1 comment:

  1. hey becky and grant!

    thanks for keeping up on my blog and posting comments...it is nice to know that people are checking it :)

    i hope you two are doing well...it certainly looks as though you are experiencing some great things.

    may God bless always and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete