Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Greetings from Indianapolis

Hello all! I am writing from the tourist capital of the Midwest - some may think that is Chicago, but, in fact, it is Indianapolis, Indiana! Just kidding!!

Grant and I had a great time at my Aunt and Uncle's for the 4th of July - photos to come when I return home in a little over a week.

After a wonderful weekend with family and packed with fun activities like boating, swimming, jet skiing and ... STUDYING ... Grant and I headed to Indianapolis on Sunday, July 6. It was SO sad to see Grant and Penelope leave me at my apartment on the Southside of town that evening. Leaving me to study on my own for my 4 comprehensive exams that I had on Monday, my first day of training at my new company. Much has happened since then...

I've taken and passed 5 exams and a quiz, I've passed my message simulation for my first product with flying colors, I've grown to appreciate training and love my classmates, I've found a local YMCA to work out at and I've missed my husband and puppy very much.

The days have been long - filled with lecture, exams and message practicing. The nights have been busy - filled with studying, working out, catching up with friends/family and sleeping (of which I am getting little of). However, the best part of being in the Midwest for 3 weeks is the fact that I can visit my friends and family in Illinois.

Last weekend I rented a car - for $10 a day on Priceline - and drove the 3 hours to Chicago. I stayed with Jordan & Ryan, ate at some of my favorite places, spent quality time with my family and with my friends. It was a nice getaway from a stressful week of training.

This weekend I am headed back to Springfield to see my Uncle Jim and Aunt Sandy. Jordan and Ryan are going to meet me down there. I think it will be quite fabulous to actually relax at Jim & Sandy's instead of carrying around a bunch of notecards with me the entire time like I did during the 4th of July weekend. Of course it won't be the same without Grant and Penelope this time!

One more exciting thing is happening this weekend - Tess is picking up her new puppy ( a cavapoo named Lucy ) from the airport tonight!! I'll post some pics as soon as I get them!

Until then, I'm signing off from Indy, counting the days until July 25! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment