Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pregnancy Detatchment Syndrome?!

So up until week 20 (June 26th) I have come down with a case of Pregnancy Detachment Syndrome. This is a syndrome I created that occurs when one is pregnant…looks in a mirror from the neck up and thinks to herself…I’m having a pretty good day…nice hair…nice make up…I don’t even look 4 months pregnant with twins. Then, she passes a full length mirror and wonders what the heck she has done to her body!

That is me. I know I am pregnant, but I still feel like I don’t really look pregnant. I am too small for a lot of my pregnancy clothes, but too big for my regular clothes. I have no real symptoms of pregnancy…no morning sickness, no real cravings…I still am not sure if I am feeling the babies…

This was further exemplified when we went to register for the babies. The people working at the baby store noted that it didn’t look like I was enjoying the process. Who really enjoys picking out bottles, nipple cream and breast pump accessories?! I told him that the process is not fun and that we were expecting twins and it is all a bit overwhelming. He offered me water…I would have preferred a margarita or 5, but water would have to suffice!

My next post will include some belly shots. At week 20 I started feeling a bit better about looking and being pregnant…and I think I am really feeling them now. That has made this all seem more real. And it’s going to be really real in about 4 months! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds about right. WIth two in there, I'm sure you will get to feel them a LOT in the next months.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling them move is the BEST part of pregnancy!!! And lucky you for no morning sickness!! I was never that lucky!
    That in between time when you feel pregnant (well I always did b/c I was so sick) but no one knows for sure is the worst! Once people can 'tell' you are actually preggo and not just a little thick around the middle is great! Can't wait to see more belly pics!

    ReplyDelete