Wednesday, April 27, 2005

1 year down

Sorry it has been a few weeks since my last post and way longer than that since Grant's last post. I have been busy finishing up my second semester of graduate school. It has been a good semester. I took sport law, research methods and management and leadership in sport. I enjoyed it for the most part. Although, in sport law I wrote the longest paper of my life...23 pages!! It was on sponsorship agreement and the legal issues that surround them. I got a 95!?! I am still in shock. I always have felt that I lack skills in the writing department, but apparently Dr. Connaughton does not agree.

This afternoon I had my last final of the semester. It was in Management and Leadership. I needed a 2.5/20 to secure my A. Consequently, I did not study much at all. Last night I took notes on his in class review. I read over them once and went to bed. This morning I brought those 2 pages of notes to the gym and read them while I ran 5 miles. That was the extent of my exam prepartaion. I definitely think I got my 2.5.

This summer I was planning on working at Front Row Marketing Services (FRMS) in St. Petersburg, Florida. It's an unpaid position in a small office working on naming rights and pouring rights contracts. Pretty interesting, but no money. That was until I got a call from the PGA TOUR yesterday. At first I turned them down, telling them that I had already secured a summer position. Then, I rethought everything and called back. I thought about the name recognition of the PGA TOUR and the lack of recognition of FRMS. I thought about the ability to live at home (my parents live 10 minutes from the PGA TOUR headquarters). I pondered the financial aspects...FRMS internship pay $0, PGA TOUR internship compensation $10/hour. I, then, thought about the most important aspect of a summer internship: the possibility of a job offer post graduation. The PGA TOUR is a place that I would love to work. I could stay near my family and live in paradise. Ponte Vedra Beach is beautiful! After visiting FRMS, I did not fall in love with the company. I do not think I could see myself working there after graduation even if offered a job.

So...I am interviewing at the PGA TOUR offices tomorrow morning at 9AM. I will update after the interview and let you know how it goes. Until then answer me this question: what is your biggest weakness?

Becky :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope all goes well for you @ PGA, that sounds very cool. Answer to your question: I have no weakness.

    ReplyDelete