Friday, February 16, 2007

My Valentine's Day

This past Wednesday was Grant and my first Valentine's day as a married couple and our first since he left working at a restaurant. I was very excited to actually be able to have dinner with him on Valentine's Day for the very first time. =)

I woke up at 6:00AM like any other day and went to the gym. Now that Grant is working he is usually gone by the time I get back from the gym. I got back to the apartment around 7:40AM. I saw that Grant left the light on over the dining room table, which is very unusual. I walked over to the table and saw several heart-shaped pancakes, fresh strawberries and blueberries along with a Valentine's Day card. I was so touched! I opened the card and read the sweet words that Grant wrote. Later he told me that he picked that specific card because the colors of the card (pink, black and white) were the same as our wedding colors -- that is attention to detail!

While at work I received really beautiful pink and red roses -- LOVE them!

I left work a little earlier than normal and came home to find my husband busy at work in the kitchen!
He made me shrimp scampi and pasta with chocolate cake for dessert. We enjoyed some wine and a fabulous homemade dinner.
I gave him a fabulous new watch and a card, both of which pale in comparison to everything that Grant did for me. He truly is amazing. I usually have VERY high expectations for my friends/family. Grant definitely consistently blows right by those expectations. I am a very lucky and grateful wife!!

No comments:

Post a Comment