Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An end and a new beginning

Just after Nick's graduation PLAYERS week was upon us. THE PLAYERS Championship is one of the best golf tournaments on the PGA TOUR and takes place right here in Ponte Vedra. This year it was a bittersweet week as on Monday of PLAYERS week the announcement was made and it was officially my last PLAYERS week as a TOUR employee.

Given that it would probably be the best opportunity for me to snag a photo and meet my favorite golfer, Camilo Villegas, I spent every free moment on the course before play started on Thursday. On Wednesday I found saw him practicing his putting near the clubhouse. I patiently waited for him to finish and walk towards the clubhouse. When he left the putting green I made my move. I walked up to him, introduced myself and asked if I could get a photo with him. I tried explaining how big a fan I was and that we both went to UF. I probably came off completely ridicules, but he stopped said hi and I was able to get my photo and, in turn, leave the TOUR knowing that I had met him.

The week was crazy busy in the office. Grant had a few friends who came to visit. We had a great week. By Saturday night I was EXHAUSTED. We all went out, but I had to leave early fearing that I would fall asleep out at the bar. Sunday morning I took my Mom to Mother's Day brunch at the clubhouse and we were able to catch Camilo finish up his round on 16, 17 and 18. It wasn't his best tournament finish, but it was nice to see him finish.

I came back later in the day to see the end of the tournament and spend time with some friends. That night my brothers, Tess and I took my Mom out to dinner. It was a fun Mother's Day and PLAYERS Sunday.

Now back to the part about me leaving the TOUR...I've accepted a new job as a sales rep for Eli Lilly. My territory will be Jacksonville and down South towards Port Orange/Sanford/Deltona. I am really excited about starting something new and different. I cannot wait to learn about a completely different industry, one that I never really thought I'd work in. I think it will be a great opportunity for growth. I start for Lilly on June 6th, leaving 2 almost 2 weeks for a break in between positions. Grant and I already had a trip planned to California and then decided to add on a few days in Vegas to celebrate the new job. I am very excited about our vacation, but I know we will both miss Penelope very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment