Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Grant the Yard Man, Becky the Queen of the Kitchen

What Grant is busy doing yard work - not my favorite chore! I've decided to start cooking more!

Yesterday I was at my Mom's flipping through a cookbook and found a recipe that looked fairly simple and tasty. I took the book and went to the grocery store on my way home from work to pick up the ingredients that the recipe called for...chicken, tarragon, boursin cheese, prosciutto and chicken stock...I had the other ingredients (salt, pepper, butter, olive oil, etc.).

When I got home Grant was busy working on the yard. The landscapers didn't level the backyard. Grant ordered 5 yards of top soil. It was delivered today. Grant took a half day to remove the sod in the backyard, level the yard with the soil and re-lay the sod.

I went to work in the kitchen. The recipe called for me to pound the chicken...but I don't have a mallet...so I used a wine bottle - probably not the smartest decision, but it worked! I then laid a piece of prosciutto on each chicken breast and a spoonful of boursin cheese. I then rolled the chicken up and secured it with a toothpick. I cooked it in olive oil in a frying pan. While that was cooking I made rice and some veggies.

After about 12 minutes the chicken was done - I made sure to cook it on all sides. I removed the chicken and made a sauce in the pan using butter, tarragon, flour, white wine and chicken stock. I put the sauce over the chicken and served it with the rice and veggies. It was yummy!

After we finished dinner Grant headed back outside to work on the yard while I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. We'll see what I find to make tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Little Suzy Homemaker :) Sounds delicious. Poor Grant having to pick up sod AND relay it :(

    ReplyDelete