Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Jordan & Ryan's Visit

Last weekend Jordan and Ryan came to visit. Jordan and I grew up together in Western Springs, IL and have remained friends since first grade. I adore her and am lucky to have such a great friend. Her and I talk almost every day on our way to work. We usually see each other several times a year.  This year we're going to Las Vegas together in October and to Mexico in February. So fun! She's been dating Ryan for almost 5 years. He's a great guy who makes Jordan very happy.

Jordan and Ryan flew in on Thursday night. I took Friday and Monday off work to spend time with them. Friday we went to the beach and then to III Forks for dinner with Mary and Mintu.

The food was yummy, but the service was yet again not up to par. After dinner we headed to Whiskey River. They had a mechanical bull and played some good tunes. We got a couple drinks there and then headed to Pussers in Ponte Vedra.


On Saturday Jordan and I hit the beach again while Ryan and Grant went golfing. Zack met us up at the beach and took us to Rita's for gelatis! Yum! It was a beautiful day. That night we went shopping at the Town Center and to dinner at Cantina Laredo with my Mom, Tess, Zack and Jenny. I LOVE Cantina Laredo! After dinner we rented a movie and watched it back at our house.

On Sunday we were all ready to go to the beach when Andrea texted me and invited us out on their boat. We went boating on the St. John's River with Andrea, Jeff and baby Conner. It was a blast! We tubed and hung out in the water.

The weather was PERFECT for a day on the boat. While we were on the boat we learned that Ryan's flight home was canceled due to the horrible weather in Nashville. Bad news for Ryan...but I don't think he minded too much spending another day in Florida with us all! After we got back from the boat we went to dinner at Urban Flats with Mintu, Mary, my Mom, Tess and Zack.

On Monday we spent our last day at the beach. Grant brought his stunt kite and taught Ryan how to fly it. The beach was empty with everyone at work, so it was really peaceful. We even saw several dolphin swimming super close to shore.

I was sad to take Jordan and Ryan back to the airport Monday afternoon. I cannot wait for them to visit again and to see them again in Vegas!

1 comment: