Saturday, June 12, 2010

Congratulations to the latest Zaccardi grad - Zack!!

Last Friday Zack graduated (with honors!) from Nease High School, my alma mater! Zack graduated 10 years after I did...which definitely made me feel old! It was really hard to believe that I was a green gown and a green cap 10 years ago! Time definitely flies!

Zack had to go through some changes during high school. In 10th grade a new high school was built that split the school up. Some of Zack's friends decided to go to the new school (Ponte Vedra High School - where Tess goes), but most decided to stay at Nease.

One of the highlights of Zack's time at Nease was his time spent on the Basketball team (he was team captain his senior year). While playing basketball he had coaching changes and new players entering the district. Through all of those changes Zack was a constant source of leadership for the team. It was fun to watch him play and fun to watch him grow up on the court.

Here are some photos from Zack's graduation and from his graduation dinner. I am so proud of my baby brother! Zack's next academic step will start in just a few weeks when he starts college at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. Go Knights!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Zack! I love all of your pictures! Such a happy family!!! Now just one more to go?!? How long does Tess have left? Where is the time going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is going by so fast K! I saw your comment about the purple flowers! I hope you and your mom (and Grace!) enjoyed them! They're so beautiful!!
    Tess graduates in just two years...I'm sure they'll go by quickly.
    Are you planning any trips to Florida anytime soon? Let me know if you are! I'd love to meet up with you and the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a great big sis- chronicling this big event for your bro. Congrats, Zack!

    ReplyDelete