Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The big surprise!!

So life got better at BG Inc. after the birthday meltdown. Grant got me 2 dozen roses 2 days after my birthday and sent me flowers on June 28th (our 34 month anniversary). I was pretty surprised by that. Little would I know that was just the beginning of the surprises…

I left for Chicago on June 30 to spend some time with friends and family. I was pretty bummed that Grant couldn’t join me, but I knew he was working hard taking a full load of classes and working on the weekends at Steak and Ale. I spent some time with Jordan, one of my best girl friends, on Thursday and spent some time with my family on Friday. I headed out to Springfield, IL, on Saturday morning with my aunt for our annual family get together at my uncle’s.

I called Grant a couple times that morning, but he didn’t answer. He finally called me back and told me how busy it was at work. I missed him lots and wished he could have been up in Springfield with me.

I arrived at my Uncles around 12:30. My cousins were there and I got in the pool with them and had a blast.

I went to dry off for a bit, sitting at a table with my Aunts just talking. Then, someone started massaging my back. I thought it might have been one of my uncles until I turned around and saw that it was Grant! He was all dressed up in a pants and a nice shirt. He stood me up and told me all these nice things that I don’t really remember. He told me about how much he misses me when we aren’t together and how much he loved me and how he wanted to be with me forever. He got down on one knee, in front of my whole family, and asked me to marry him and gave me a beautiful ring! I said yes and then asked him how he got there!? I couldn’t believe he flew all the way to Springfield to propose to me! I was so excited. I called everyone and enjoyed spending the next couple of days with him until he left on Monday.

Grant is the best! So soon we will marry and be together forever! I am so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment