Thursday, July 28, 2005

One more day

I have one more day of work left this summer. I am going to miss my internship, but I am excited to never be 'the intern' ever again. It is going to be great to have a full-time job one day. I am excited about having a month off from real work. At school I supervise Resident Assistants and I will be working with a professor and taking 13 hours of classes. If you add it all up its 43 hours of work a week...but I don't really count the 20 hours with the Department of Housing work. I really enjoy it. I enjoy classes too, but the exams and papers will be a little work.

Since I just got engaged I am trying to plan as much of the wedding before school starts back up again. Grant and I are making our first wedding planning trip to Chicago August 26 - 28. I have already set up 4 meetings with the caterer, reception site, photographer and pastor at the church. It is going to be a busy day! I still need to get a DJ, limo service and florist booked. I'd like to do that before school starts as well. The more people I contact the more I feel like I am kind of behind 'schedule.' It seems that many people plan weddings a year in advance...and I am getting married in 10 months! Wow...that's crazy to even think about!

I was thinking about how much things will change between now and this time next year. I will be graduated, working in a full time job, married, living on my own...and hopefully I'll have a new car. That is a lot of new stuff! It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

Today is Grant and my 35 month anniversary! Woohoo! What are the big plans? Work, gym, pack for Atlanta (I am going there this weekend to see my good friend Dani and shop for wedding dresses and invitations)...sounds like I have a fun anniversary night planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment