Sunday, August 07, 2005

Back to school

I arrived back in Gainesville last Wednesday. Grant helped me move in and then left the next day :(. I started Housing Training. It was nice to see everyone here again and meet some new faces that I will be working with in the Fall, but I miss my family and Grant a lot. It's not really the same living in my one bedroom apartment. It will get better once school starts and I am busy again, but for now I am trying to find things to fill up my time. It is pretty hard though, because I broke my big toe on my right foot on Friday. After spending 3 hours in the ER I was given tape and a post-op boot to wear for the next 4 weeks and some pain medicine. So much for my work out routine.

My Mom and Tess came to help me feel better on Saturday. We went to the mall and I hobbled around and tried to get used to walking with my new shoe and hurt toe. I look pretty silly. I am going to attempt to go to the Y today and ride the bike. The doctor said no running for at least 4 weeks which stinks because I was used to running every day. I still want to work out, so I think I am going to bike and do more weights.

We are going to a camp for a night tomorrow as a part of training, then the RAs move in and start training for a week and the halls open on the 16th. It is weird being in Gainesville without any classes. I feel very unproductive. I wish Grant were here. I miss him like crazy. Every time I say goodbye to him it seems to get harder. I am missing him more and more.

~Becky =)

No comments:

Post a Comment