Thursday, August 25, 2005

To PhD or Not to PhD...That is the question!

I went to meet with one of my professors to discuss my assistantship and independent study that I am doing with him. The meeting quickly turned into a recruiting session with him persuading me to get my PhD in Sport Management here at UF. It would take 3 or 4 years and I could keep my position in the Department of Housing. I am torn. I don't know if I want to get my PhD and become a professor, or if I want to leave school and work. If I want to stay here and get my PhD starting in January I need to apply by October 1. I will definitely keep you posted on this new decision... =)

Grant and I are flying to Chicago tomorrow. (hopefully! There is a hurricane out there and I hope it does not make us change our travel plans!) We have 8 meeting set up over the course of our short weekend trip. It should be very productive! I am hoping to book the photographer, reception site, caterer and church. Once that is set we can book the limo, dj and flower vendors. I am very excited to see Grant! I miss him so much. We will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary on Sunday...in an airplane... =) I am just happy that we will be together.

I will definitely update after our trip to Chicago next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment