Wednesday, September 07, 2005

HTML

Hello, so today has been an html day for me. For you who ask what is html, well it's a programming language for web pages. In my Computer Networks class, my professor wanted us to make a web page on the web space we have through the university. No problem easy enough right? Well never having ever looked at html code this turned out to be some work. Sure I could have used dream weaver or front page to help me along with the simple project but what fun would that be! So I had chosen good ole notepad to write my code in. One thing nice about html is that you can view the source code of any web page you want and implement things you have seen from their websites to yours. It was a day of fun setting up my first ever website made from scratch, with the help of many websites and html tutorial readings. You can even check out the page by clicking on link over on the left called, Grants Webpage. It is just in its first stages of being built but I think it is coming along great! After accomplishing that task, I figured I would take a look into the Html code of this blog. I changed quite a few things minor stuff here and there mostly the side bar. I deleted the majority of their filler code and the page still works and everything is showing so I guess their default code is just for looks. I wanted to break the blog into two or three frames. One for the side bar, Header, and Body but there is a lot of code above for the main area of the blog and did not want to mess things up just yet! So look forward to a new and exciting look around here when I get things going.

Grant C.

1 comment:

  1. pretty cool. looks like you are off to a good start. See what you can do now!

    ReplyDelete