Sunday, July 05, 2009

4th of July

This past week Grant and I were in Chicago. We came up for my Great Aunt Dorothy's wake and funeral and for some family time in Springfield, IL. The wake and the funeral were very nice. It was difficult to go through it all and come to terms that she was really gone, but I was glad to have the opportunity to be there with my family. My brothers all dressed up for the occasion. At one point I looked over toward my siblings and it hit me that we're all growing up so quickly! After the wake and funeral we all headed to Springfield, IL for our annual family reunion. The weather was pretty horrible, but we made the most of it. We played dominoes, watched some tv, ate great food, played video games, went to the movies and hung out in the pool and hot tub despite the lack of sun. Friday was Uncle Jim's birthday! Grant helped make his cake.On Saturday night we had an amazing fireworks show in Jim & Sandy's backyard. Every year I look forward the the 4th of July. This year it was a bit different than normal, as we were all in a daze after Do's passing. It was the first year that Jessica brought her new husband Jason! We enjoyed getting to know him better and look forward to seeing him out there next year! We came back from Springfield today and are flying back to Florida tomorrow. Tonight we went to dinner with Jordan, Ryan, Marin and David. Jordan and Marin are two of my best friends from home. Each time I come to Chicago Jordan and Ryan graciously open their home to me and Grant. We're lucky to have such amazing friends! I just wish we could spend more time together!

1 comment: