Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One 6-Figure Town to Another

Check out this story on CNN Money.
I grew up in Western Springs, IL...see city #5. Western Springs was an AMAZING place to grow up. We lived on Central Avenue, which was a fitting name since we were located 4 blocks from everything...elementary school, junior high school, the community pool, the train to Chicago, downtown Western Springs, the town library...I could go on. I met my best friends in Western Springs. I remember walking to their houses in the summertime to play. I remember walking down the blocks of Western Springs in the snow on snow days. I only have fond memories of my hometown.

When I turned 16 my family moved to Ponte Vedra Beach, FL...see city #21. I went to Nease High School here for two years. Nease is now known as the high school where UF quarterback Tim Tebow played high school. Ponte Vedra wasn't really my home until I moved back here after college. Grant and I rented a condo on A1A until we bought our first home together in Seaside. We really like it here. We love our home, our neighbors, our proximity to the beach and to my family. It's a safe, beautiful place to live.

Grant came home today and mentioned that Ponte Vedra was on this list on CNN Money. I took a look at the story and noticed that Western Springs was on there too! Coincidence...I think not! I think I'd have to attribute it to my Mom's taste in her home-buying. She always looked to live where the best public schools were. She tried to find the most reasonable home in the nicest area. She's chosen well according to CNN Money!

No comments:

Post a Comment