Sunday, July 12, 2009

House Update

Grant and I have been traveling a lot lately, but are now set to be home for a bit. So it's time to get stuff around the house done. Last week we had gutters installed on the house. They look great! Grant tried to do this job himself, but found it pretty difficult and quite time consuming. The people we hired to do the gutters managed to take down what Grant had put up and finish the entire job in about 3 hours. I was impressed.

Next on the list is the removal of several large trees in our yard. The tree guys are coming this Wednesday or Thursday to clear out at least 4 large trees. Once we have the trees gone we'll be able add more grass to our yard for Penelope!

Grant's new project started yesterday. He's building a workbench for the garage. He went to Home Depot and got a few tools and some 2x4s. He got quite a bit done yesterday while I was at the beach with my mom!

On the inside of the house I went look for tiles for our guest bathroom. I want to paint the vanity, get a new granite countertop for it, remove all of the floor and shower tile and re-tile it using gray 12x24 floor tiles, and gray/black/white glass tile in the shower. I think it will look really nice! We also want to re-tile the floor in the kitchen. My goal is to get all of this done before the holidays.

We'll keep you posted on our removations! :)

3 comments:

  1. good luck with all that! Home improvement NEVER ends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you went to Home Depot!!!!

    Good work though, it is never ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cari - We'd go to Lowes, but it's too far away!! :(

    Kellie - You are right...there is always something to do to the house!!!

    ReplyDelete