Saturday, April 17, 2010

Family visit

A few weeks ago Grant's brother, sister-in-law, their three kids, his other sister-in-law and her son came to visit us at our house. I grew up close by tons of family in Chicago. We had large family birthday parties and holidays. One of the hardest parts about moving to Florida when I was 16 was missing all of those family events and trying to start new traditions down here. I was thrilled to have Ed, Cari, Randy, Meredith, Brenna, Meagon and Tyler over!
Reagan getting some love from her cousins!
Randy (left) loved guitar hero - we let them borrow it, so I'm sure next time we see Randy he'll be a pro at it! Brenna (right) loved that we had Dora the Explorer On Demand!

Penelope and Reagan LOVED Brenna. I think they were excited to have someone who was just about their size and someone they could easily give kisses to. Here are some photos of Brenna and the girls.

I love the one on the left with Brenna and Reagan - too cute!
Going in for the kisses!

Grant and I decided we'd grill out for dinner. We made hamburgers, cheeseburgers and hot dogs. They were yummy! After dinner, before Meagon and Tyler arrived, we took a walk to the beach at dusk. The weather was great and it was fun showing everyone our beach. Hopefully next time they come we can go during the day!

Brenna and her mom, Cari, at the beach.
Grant, Ed and Me on the left; Me and Meredith on the right.

After our walk to the beach Meagon and Tyler arrived from Port Orange. It was so nice to catch up with them, too.

We played dominoes and talked about our family reunion that we're planning for this July.
Ty playing dominoes
Grant and Randy playing dominoes
Randy and Ed playing dominoes
Ed, Randy and Grant after I beat them again in dominoes!

Ty geting strategic!

All in all it was a great night. I wish we all lived a bit closer so we could get together more often. I think we're all going to have an amazing time this summer in Georgia for the first Clem family reunion and the first time we've all been together since Grant and I got married (almost 4 years ago!).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a nice time! I can't believe how big the kids are getting, especially Ty. I never would have recognized him!

    ReplyDelete