Monday, July 12, 2010

Celebrating the 4th with Family

Every year for the 4th of July my Mom's side of the family gathers at my Uncle Jim and Aunt Sandy's house in Springfield, IL. It is probably my favorite weekend of each year and I know that all of my siblings look forward to it just as much as I do! In fact, 5 years ago Grant proposed to me this very weekend in Springfield!

Last year was a little more somber due to the passing of my Great Aunt Dorothy...we also had really bad weather. This year we were all ready to have a fun time and the weather cooperated!

Grant and I were able to hitch a ride down to Springfield from my Uncle Mike and Aunt Linda. On the way down we picked up my cousin Jessica at her new home in Romeoville. I was excited to see her place! It was super cute! We arrived in Springfield just before dinner on Friday just before everyone else arrived. We swam in the pool and hung out with the family.

Zack and Grant in a heated ping pong game
Lunchtime! Aunt Sandy's famous lasagna!
Dominoes! Jess is the winner!
On Saturday we spent more time at the pool, went jet skiing, went out on the boat and shot off lots of fireworks! I think our fireworks were probably better than that of some small towns across the US!

We arrived at Uncle Jim and Aunt Sandy's house to see all of these fireworks!
Firecrackers - one small roll and one HUGE roll!
Everyone watching the fireworks from the pool deck.

Boat pics:


On Sunday Nick had to catch a flight back to Atlanta, so we took our family photo in the morning before he left. I spent the rest of the day by the pool before making a special trip to my Uncle's office...more on that later this week!!

Other candid pics:
My handsome husband
My beautiful Aunt Sandy
A happy Uncle Jim :)
My cousin Chris
My mom :)
Zack in the pool
Uncle Mike sleeping!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- I am so envious of such an awesome annual family event! What a great backyard and pool area!

    ReplyDelete