Saturday, July 17, 2010

Work hard, play hard

After enjoying almost the entire week with my family I knew what was coming on Sunday afternoon...

My Uncle Jim asked me if I was ready...

I was as ready as I'd ever be...

Uncle Jim, Aunt Sandy, Grant and me all headed to my Aunt and Uncle's office. Once we got there I laid in the chair, got an x-ray and got numbed up (which was probably the most painful part of the whole incident). Grant had to leave after the x-ray because he's not particularly fond of needles/blood/etc. Good thing my husband works in IT!

Once I was all numb my Uncle said I'd feel a little pressure...and a little more pressure. I was surprised that he was right...all I felt was pressure...no pain. Then all of a sudden I heard a little pop and ... this is what came out!

My upper left wisdom tooth!

It had been growing in for a little over a year and was starting to really bother me, so I asked my Uncle, the best dentist ever, if he could pull it for me while I was visiting. I enjoyed a nice drive back to Chicago with gauze in my mouth and popped Aleve 3 times a day for a while. I couldn't eat much and couldn't drink anything too hot or too cold or out of a straw. I am pretty much back to 100% now.

Thanks for pulling my tooth Dr. Boggess!! :)

Look at how great I look all numb on my left side! I really thought I was smiling in that pic!

1 comment:

  1. HaHa!! Love the pic!! I can't believe you had a wisdom tooth removed on your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete