Friday, August 27, 2010

New Appreciation for A/C

On Monday I came home from work and walked into my house to feel a wall of hot and humid air. The house was 83 degrees...the air conditioning was obviously broken. My first thought was maybe we hadn't changed the filter in a while...so I ran to Ace and got a new filter...that didn't fix it. I immediately called the home warranty company and scheduled a service request. I was told that the next available appointment to get our unit serviced was Wednesday afternoon...which was not ideal since we were supposed to have company spend the night Tuesday...Sorry Tiffany and Bella!!

I spent the night on Monday at my parents' house. Grant chose to stay at our house...in the heat. I don't know how he did it. I woke up Monday morning and went to the Y...and guess what...their air conditioning was out too! It was a miserable work out! I showered and got ready in my old bathroom...where I used to get ready in high school. It definitely brought back memories!!

I went to work Tuesday and spent the night in Savannah Tuesday night. Grant slept at my parents' house. He couldn't stand the heat one more night. Savannah was AMAZING! I loved the hotel I stayed at: the Mansion on Forsyth Park. I also had the best bread pudding at Belford's.

I was able to meet the A/C repairman around 5P on Wednesday. He fixed it in 20 minutes...He is my hero!

3 comments:

  1. No air = YUCK! Glad it was an easy fix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours went out again!!! :-( 82 in here right now and just as hot outside. Not fun...hopefully they can come tomorrow. I can't believe it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have AC but really don't need it but a few weeks out of the year. How uncomfortable and am glad it was fixed without too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete