Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I'm 30!!

June 23rd was my 30th birthday. Everyone kept asking me how I wanted to celebrate it. They were all quite shocked when I told them that I didn’t want to celebrate it at all. I figured that if I didn’t celebrate it I wasn’t entering my thirties…and on that note I wasn’t pregnant either!

That weekend Ed, Cari, Randy, Meredith and Brenna came to visit. We should have taken a photo or two, but we didn’t. I had a great time connecting with Ed, Cari and their kids…our nieces and nephew. Ed is Grant’s older brother. He and his family live about 6-7 hours away. It is always great seeing them. Meredith made me the sweetest birthday present. In it she thanked her dad for being Grant’s brother and Grant for marrying me! Reagan and Penelope LOVED the extra attention and we loved having them stay with us.

On my birthday we were going to go to the beach…but Debby decided to come, visit, and overstay her welcome... I decided last minute to go to Ruth’s Chris for dinner. Nothing ever really sounds good to eat, but that day I thought Ruth’s Chris salad and lobster would hit the spot. We invited some friends and went out. Mintu, Ashley and Lance all joined us. It was a fun night, laid back, no pressure…just the way I wanted it.

For my birthday, Grant got me a DVR and some perfume (a bottle that I had dropped and broken a few months ago…he’s good!). I LOVE the DVR! We are now addicted and I assumed we’d be.

This year…the first for both me and Grant in our 30s has a lot in store. It is exciting and overwhelming, but we’re ready!
 On my actual birthday...the day Grant put together the crib :)
 Crabs for my family birthday dinner :)




No comments:

Post a Comment