Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Back from the Country

Grant and I returned from our mini-vacation on Sunday. So it is time to reflect.

Liberty, South Carolina
Population: 3,009 (year 2000)

Grant and I traveled off I-85 through the country passing horses, cows, and many churches until we reached Liberty, SC. We drove through downtown, past Hot Diggety Dog one of the 5 hot dog restaurants we saw on our South Carolina trip. We arrived at the home of Grant's brother, his wife and their two children. We were greeted with a lovely chalk drawing on the driveway welcoming us.

Meredith(3) and Randy(turning 6) were very excited to see me...and Grant too. :-p We got the tour of the home and saw Randy's pirate themed room and Meredith's pink princess palace. We went to eat at Texas Roadhouse where Meredith and Randy fought over the opportunity to sit next to me, which became commonplace on the trip.

The next day we ventured to the big city of Greenville, SC, home of Falls Park. Dispite being surrounded by Tennessee Volunteers because of the SEC women's basketball tournament, we had a great time. We ate a Quizno's, one of Grant and my favorite sandwich shops. We walked down Main Street and found 7 of the 9 bronze mice hidden along the street. We also made our way down to Falls Park. It was amazing; a very cute park for a picnic.

That evening Cari cooked for us, making a wonderful dinner. For dessert we played scrabble. I had one of my worst games in a long time. It must have been the pressure to follow up my remarkable win the previous night in Boggle, one of my new favorite games. I did have fun playing, but I was pretty tired after our long day.

We left early on Sunday. It was a fun trip and I miss them already. Hopefully, they will come and visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment