Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Spring Break -- Graduate Student Style

Spring break is upon me...and all the other lucky Gators with a Spring Break that started in FEBRUARY! What does a graduate student do over spring break? Write a term paper, read a dissertation, and read a book on sport leadership. Woohoo! I just don't see where the 'break' fits in.

This will be my last official spring break, as I will be graduating (finally) in December 2005. It is a bittersweet realization. I think I am spending it pretty productively, though. I went home on Friday and met my friend's new boyfriend. Then, I took my mom, Aunt Diane and little sister to Savannah for the weekend. I had never been there, so it was a nice get away. I managed to do NO school work while I was there. A real 2 day vacation was all I could afford this break.

Now, I am in Fort Myers. I arrived here yesterday night. Grant is in classes all day, giving me plenty of time to work on my Sport Law term paper. I have already written 6 pages with the goal of finishing my rough draft by Thursday. Tonight I am taking Grant out for our 2 and a half years anniversary. It should be nice to have a date with such a hottie!

My spring break adventure continues on Thursday when Grant and I depart for Gainesville. We will spend one night in Gainesville and then head to Liberty, SC, home of Ed, Grant's brother, and his family. I am excited to go see Grant's brother's new home and his new home town. It should be fun. However, on the way there I have to read the dissertation mentioned earlier and the book on leadership in sports. I hope I can read while Grant drives. I haven't tried this yet. I will let you know how it goes.

Grant and I will return to Gainesville on Sunday, thus concluding my spring break. Isn't it great to be a graduate student?!

No comments:

Post a Comment