Monday, February 21, 2005

red tables, green tables, every table

So, Becky claims to be able to handle tables. Ha! She thinks she could handle being a server, yet when you ask her a question about the food, her mouth is frozen. Luckily, she has no future plans on being a server. I usually don't do this, but this one time I will give SOME of our servers at my work credit for being able to keep up and do a good job. Only once have I ever served. The guest had me running around like crazy!

When I started working at the restaurant I was a busser/salad bar person. Then, I moved to a cook, then to a broil cook (grilling), then to manager, totally skipping serving. So, I never really had any serving experience. It was harder then I had expected and the old grumpy people that demand things to be done and brought to them didn't help the situation. This is no offense to anyone's grandparents or parents. But, one thing I can't believe is how cheap some of these old people are! They bring in several coupons or promotional cards and demand to use them all at one time. So, their meal is practically free. One party comes in every Sunday and brings stacks of coupons and tries to use them every time. Sure you can use one coupon per guess or one promotion per table, but stacking coupons and promotions is a no-can-do. What can and can't be used together is not our decision; it's a corporate policy. Got to love the corporate people (sarcasm). But anyway, you think these old people would understand eventually that they can't use all of their coupons at the same time after we tell them Sunday after Sunday we are unable to allow that.

On another note, Becky is coming to visit for a week come this Monday! So, that is exciting and then we will be heading up to South Carolina to visit my brother.

That is that and this is what it was before it became it is this and that was that.

Look for mind boggling puzzle to come soon! I love games!

No comments:

Post a Comment