Monday, February 07, 2005

Superbowl XXXIX

So I did go to the Superbowl last night...and I got paid to go! I worked Guest Services at the Superbowl for SAFE Management. I have a few comments about my experience.

1. Part of the management of the world's largest sporting event includes organization. Superbowl XXXIX was definitely lacking in this department from my perspective.

2. People like to eat hot dogs at football games. Knowing this it is not good to run out of hot dogs at halftime.

3. People like to buy merchandise at football games. Once again it is not good to have empty merchandise stands by the second quarter.

4. Women use the restroom. Having about half of the restrooms closed because of plumbing problems is bad...very bad.

5. Superbowl fans like to arrive to the stadium about 3 and a half hours before kick off just to have to pay a whole lot to drink a bunch of beer inside the stadium instead of drinking their own drinks outside the stadium.

6. Lots of famous people go to the Superbowl. In a few days I'll post some pictures, I promise!

All in all, the Superbowl was a good time. I did not get to see much of the game, but I met some cool people and gained a lot of experience. I doubt if it will ever return to Jacksonville given the above mentioned problems, but only time will tell.

A note about Becky and Grant. We haven't seen each other since the first weekend of January. Grant is coming to visit on Thursday and I cannot wait to see him. He's the best, so if you see him let him know that for me!!

--Becky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment