Wednesday, November 09, 2005

200...38...change is coming

It's 200 days until the wedding! I am very excited!! This week I have been working with a jewelry designer to design necklaces for my bridesmaids and I am going to Fort Myers this weekend with my Mom and sister to pick out my dress! It is all coming together and I cannot wait for the big day!

School is moving along. It is now 38 days until I graduate. I finished my last project for my facilities class and presented it today. I am glad that is done with. I still have my independent study, 4 papers and 3 exams left. I also turned in my last comprehensive exam essay today. I am enjoying crossing these items off my list. However, I still have a lot left to do...so no relaxing yet.

I've been spending time with old and new friends the past few weeks. I am really enjoying hanging out with them. Sometimes I get caught up in my school work and other work and don't spend enough time socializing with my friends. The rest of the semester I am going to balance my life more. Academics are still a huge part of my life, but soon I will be leaving Gainesville. I need to spend all the time I can with my friends here.

Today I met with the person who will be replacing my as a graduate hall director. I showed him his new apartment (my current home) and the building. I introduced him to a couple of his new (my current) staff members. Things like this make me realize that I am really graduating. I am really leaving the University of Florida and starting a new chapter in my life. Part of me will really miss Gainesville, but the other part is ready for the change. Going to graduate school was amazing. I learned so much about myself and my chosen profession. At the conclusion of my undergraduate studies I was not ready to leave UF, but now I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment