Monday, November 28, 2005

Home for the Holidays

Thanksgiving came and went so quickly this year. I went home on Wednesday and left to go back to Gainesville on Friday morning. While I was home I got to spend some time with my family and eat some turkey (gobble gobble gobble!). I also tried on my wedding dress that I got a couple of weeks ago! I love it!! :)

This weekend was a great football weekend with UF, the Jags and da Bears all winning. I always get a little sad as college football winds down, but this year I am looking forward to the NFL Playoffs.

Grant came to visit for the last home football game of the season here at UF. We were able to witness UF dominate FSU. It was great! We spent some time with my old freshman roommate and took some fun pictures around campus. This was one of my favorite weekends that I've had to spend with Grant this semester. We got to spend a lot of quality time together and truly enjoy each other's company. It was very relaxing. We did some homework too!

Sometimes it seems so weird that I live in Florida and go to UF. Growing up, I would have never imagined that I would live in Florida. A part of me also thought that I would move back to Chicago, but I have been down here for over 7 years and recently accepted a job in Ponte Vedra, so it looks like I will be here for quite a while. You've got to love being able to wear shorts in November!

Speaking of employment, I accepted a position with the PGA TOUR. I start 3 weeks from today. I am thrilled. I know that the next three weeks are going to fly by! I have a few more projects for school and final exams, but then it's all over. Part of me will definitely miss working out at 9AM and setting my own schedule, but the other part of me is so ready to see what life has in store. I can't wait to start my career in an organization that I love. Things could not be better. I don't think I could be happier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment