Friday, September 14, 2007

Fantasy

As most of you know, I work for the PGA TOUR. The PGA TOUR season has changed a bit this year. In fact, we are nearing the end of the first ever PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedExCup. To help support the Playoffs PGATOUR.com created a special Playoff fantasy game. Employees were encouraged to join.

The game was pretty easy, you pick 4 players from 3 tiers. 2 players from the first tier, 1 player from the second tier and 1 from the third. I picked my some of my favorite players: Tiger, Phil, Aaron Baddeley and Camilo Villegas (a fellow Gator!). I didn't really expect to be in contention to win.

However, I noticed that Aaron was doing pretty well and Camilo had moved up quite a bit. Tiger won the BMW Championship and Phil won the Deutsche Bank Championship. I went to check on my team to see how well I was doing compared to my coworkers in my league.

I was shocked when I saw that I was in first place in my league...and 8th place overall! I started to get excited. Could I actually win the entire game - finish first out of over 10,000?? I checked out the players picked by the 7 people in front of me. Only 2 of them have all four players playing this week (the game ends on Sunday). It was looking good.

I wrote down all the teams and saw that I have a very good chance of pulling it off! Here is what needs to happen::

1. Camilo has to play better than Brett Wetterich
2. Phil + Camilo's points earned this week must be more than the points earned by Steve Stricker

If those two statements are true come Sunday I win!

You may be wonder what I win...well the grand prize is:
The Grand Prize Winner will win: an 8-day/7-night trip prize package for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest to attend the 2008 Sony Open in Hawaii, from Monday, January 7, 2008, to Monday, January 14, 2008. As part of the prize package, the Grand Prize Winner earns one (1) Pro-Am spot that may be filled by either the Grand Prize Winner or its guest, and who will play with a TOUR pro during the Wednesday Pro-Am Tournament. The prize package also includes round-trip airfare for two adults, a rental car, and hotel accommodations. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") for the complete package for two is $20,000.00.

However...
Employees of the Contest Entities and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and members of the immediate family or household of each are not eligible to win.

So if I win, I cannot get the fabulous trip to Hawaii. :(

You can follow the fun here. I'll let you know how I do on Monday!!

1 comment: