Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Go Gators!!

I don't think I can manage to stay more than two weeks at home over the summer!!

Two weeks ago Grant and I decided to go down to Fort Myers to visit his parents and our friends Mandy and Scott for Labor Day weekend. We left after work on Friday, arriving in Fort Myers around 10:30P. On Saturday we got up and spent some time with Grant's parents and then met up with Mandy and Scott at a local bar/restaurant to watch the Gators kick off the 2007 season with an easy win over WKU. It was really nice to see Mandy and Scott!! They brought their honeymoon photos from Hawaii -- further lighting the fire for Grant and I to plan our own trip to the Aloha state!!

We went to dinner with Grant's parents at one of our favorite restaurants, Cantina Laredo, in Fort Myers. After dinner we stopped by Grant's grand parents' house. Grandpa Ed and Pearl were in rare form. Pearl was telling us about how important it is to vote. She began to talk about the first presidential election that she voted in. Pearl is 98. Grandpa Ed chimed in stating that the first president Pearl voted for was Washington. It was pretty funny. We all had a good chuckle. We talked about golf, a favorite topic with the pair. Then, we left. When Camilo wins this weekend I'll have to give Grandpa Ed a call -- he always reminds me how Camilo, my most favorite golfer, has yet to win a TOUR event.

We left Fort Myers on Sunday, stopping in Orlando for a little pit stop at the Mall at Millenia. I was able to find a really cute dress for my next big trip:: Marin's bachelorette party in Las Vegas. I'll be leaving on the 21st for the fabulous girls weekend in Vegas. I cannot wait!

Last Friday at work we got an email. "Who ever responds to this email first gets 2 free Gator tickets." I must have amazing reflexes because I won! So Grant and I went to the Florida/Troy game on Saturday. It was super nice to be back in Gainesville and see our National Champion Gators in action! We stopped and had lunch at Leonardo's Pizza and walked all around campus. It was kind of strange being back as most of my friends have come and gone. It seems like every place that used to be covered in grass is now under construction! The game was fabulous. The day was fabulous. It certainly is GREAT to be a FLORIDA GATOR!As for this weekend, Grant and I are toying around with the idea of going to Orlando. We have Disney passes that expire on 9/17 and season passes to Sea World that we have only used twice. I'll keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment