Monday, September 03, 2007

Jordan's 25th Birthday

After going to DC, I flew to Chicago to help celebrate Jordan's 25th birthday. She picked me up at the airport on Saturday afternoon and took me straight to the nail salon where we met up with everyone and got our nails done. We had the whole place to ourselves. :)
After that we went to Jordan's house to open presents and then went out in Naperville. A couple of the girls made a pit stop on the way to Naperville and got a cake, candles, party hats and glasses for the whole group. Jordan wore the party glasses all night.

The next day Jordan was kind enough to take me to surprise my Great Aunt Dorothy and my Grandmother (neither knew I was in town). First stop was Dorothy's. We drove over and rang the doorbell. No one answered. I called Dorothy and pretended to be a delivery person. I told her she had a package at the front door. She didn't recognize my voice. When she saw me out the window she was in shock! It was great!!

Jordan and I then went to get lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Portillo's. After lunch we drove to surprise my Grandmother at her retirement community. I tried calling and she didn't answer her phone. So we parked and went inside to see a live band and all the retirees in the main room dancing!! I quickly located my Grandma and she was so surprised to see us! It was great to catch up with her and my Aunt Denise.

After our stops to visit my family we drove downtown and met up with Marin and some of her friends from college in Wrigleyville. I love Wrigleyville!! It was nice to be around Wrigley on gameday, even if we didn't go to the game. We hung out there for a while and then picked up some Lou Malnatis pizza for dinner. We ate at Marin and David's and were able to catch up with the soon to be Arnolds!!

The next day Dorothy drove me to the airport. I was really excited to get home and see Grant. It was a really fun weekend and it was so nice to have Grant to come home to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment