Monday, March 31, 2008

How do you know you've picked a good vet?

When we got Penelope it was hard to find the right vet. I asked everyone I knew who they went to and what they thought. One of my friends at the gym insisted that his vet was the best and that he had spent a lot of time researching to find the best doctor in town. Knowing how much his dog meant to him, I thought I'd save myself the hours of researching and go to his same vet, Coastal Vet.

We took Penelope in for her first appointment. They were really nice. The facility was clean and the doctor was knowledgeable. Everyone LOVED Penelope. We've been back for several visits. Penelope has now gotten all of her shots and won't go back until we get her spayed in a month or so.

Each time we go to the vet it's interesting to see the other dogs in the waiting room. Penelope loves to go up to each one and meet them - even the really big dogs. On our second visit Penelope was taken by a very cute Corgi. She started playing with him as I met his owner. We talked about our dogs and as we were leaving she told me something. Her Corgi - Chase - Penelope's new best friend - had in fact just won best in show for Corgis at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show!?! Penelope has famous friends and I knew that I had found the best vet in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment