Thursday, January 14, 2010

Favorite Reads


Today I picked up my two favorite books to read agan because I had given my original copies away so my friends could enjoy them as much as I had. The first book is "Something Borrowed." They are making this into a movie, so I definitely want to read it again before it comes out in the theater. I am friends with the author, Emily Giffin, on Facebook. She keeps posting potential actresses to cast for the main parts. I am going to see who I picture playing the lead roles while I read the book again.


The second book is a sequel to "Something Borrowed," called "Something Blue." I am sure if "Something Borrowed" does well in the theaters they'll make a movie out of "Something Blue." I am looking forward to getting back into reading these books.

Leave a comment with your favorite books so I can add them to my list!

3 comments:

  1. ooh, my interest is piqued (sp?). When I have time for pleasure reading agian, I'll have to check these out.
    :)
    Did you ever read 'Eat, Pray, Love' - that was the last book I read for fun and I really liked it. Its broken up into three parts and the part in Italy (the first part) is, in my opinion, the best. They are making it into a movie with Julia Roberts as the lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 2/3rds of Eat Pray Love...Liked Italy, but after that I lost interest.

    I've heard "Dear John" by N. Sparks was really good. The movie is coming out in February. I might need to read that before I got see the movie.

    Looks like not many other people read/have time to read! :)

    Definitely check out Emily Giffin's Something Borrowed and Something Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Emily Giffin! She is a great author. I didn't know Something Borrowed is being made into a movie. That's exciting!

    Dear John is a good book too. I'm excited to see that movie!

    I really love the author Marian Keyes. She writes some excellent, entertaining, fun books. Sushi for Beginners is a great one. If you like Something Borrowed you'll probably like Sushi for Beginners.

    I'm reading My Life in France by Julia Child now. I was inspired to read it after seeing the movie and reading the book Julie and Julia. It's an interesting book. I think I like it better than the Julie & Julia book. Although the Julie & Julia movie is great.

    ReplyDelete