Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Year, New Bathroom

Over the course of 2009 Grant and I updated almost every surface (walls, ceilings, floors, etc.) in our home. Here are some before and after photos from our guest bathroom, which was one of our last interior projects...for now!

We LOVE our new guest bathroom, and I hope our guests do too!! ;)

Move in Day: December 2008

Love the shower curtain the previous owners let for us!

Photos from after we got the entire interior of the house painted.

New grey walls. Old mirror and ugly light fixture.

Love that pink/peach tile!

Photos in process of renovating the bathroom:


Buh Bye mirror and light fixture! Hello new mirror and light fixture...and painted vanity!
I purchased the mirror from Craigslist, painted it black (It was gold before) and hung it! I also sanded, primed and painted the vanity and added new hardware.

New shower curtain...the tile is still horrible!


Old tile.

Broken tile.

The floor is being installed, the shower demo is done and sealer is setting. Do you like my picture on the wall? I made that in middle school!

Floor tile being installed.

After photos!

LOVE the floor and marble mosiac tile in the shower.

Now the shower curtain makes more sense with the grey, black and white theme!

On the left, a painting I painted at YesYouCanvas! On the right, the shower, marble mosiac tile accent and white subway tiles.

This is the granite we're going to put as the vanity counter top.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, la la! I LOVE it! I'd stay in there, forget whatever guest bedroom accomodations you have. You guys really have an eye for interior decor. Are you going to submit it to one of those shows where DIYers show before and afters? and you're so handy, too, doing so much by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it looks great! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome - it looks amazing! thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky it looks awesome! Way to go! I'm so glad you posted pictures... can't wait to see the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! You want to come and do our bathroom for us!?! I love everything...the mirror and the tile especially!! Hopefully we can make it up there sometime soon and put it to the test!!

    ReplyDelete