Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Part 9: Graduation Day

On April 2, I was 7 weeks 6 days pregnant. I was looking forward to this ultrasound because I wanted to make sure the babies were doing well after our first flight. I went in for the ultrasound. The babies had grown so much in just one week! If I could, I’d invest in my own sonogram machine!! My favorite days are the ones where I can go and see my babies.
Here is a photo comparing our 6 week and 7 week ultrasounds. You can see the growth in just one week.

I got to see the heartbeats again. It was amazing.

That day was also my “Graduation Day.” My Reproductive Endocrinologist suggested some OB-GYNs for my care. I had already picked one out and he said that she was a good choice. I was told how I could wean myself off the progesterone suppositories and estrogen pills. He gave me a graduation gift including a bag, pregnancy journal and magazine.

I checked out and walked out of the office with Grant, holding my graduation bag and ultrasound pictures. I graduated! I was going to become a “normal” pregnant woman, going to a normal OB-GYN. After all that we had gone through from diagnosis to all of the tests and all of the medications, we had succeeded. We made it to week 7. The next milestone was getting through week 12.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 'graduation'. I love how excited you are to see their pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for graduations, especially this one! I can only imagine how you probably still have a huge smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they call it a graduation! So cute!

    ReplyDelete