Friday, October 07, 2005

Homecoming!

It's officially homecoming weekend here at UF. I have a good friend visiting who got in last night. We are going to go to the parade (hoping that it's not rained out!) and then meet up with Grant when he gets here this afternoon at go to Gator Growl. Gator Growl is the largest student run pep rally in the nation. Wayne Brady is the headliner. It's usually a pretty fun event, or at least something different than going to dinner and a movie.

I have been pretty productive this week. I have began work on my independent study. I have a much better grasp on what I am planning to put together. It should be a great opportunity to learn more about research and put some of the theories I have learned into practice. I also got some reading done. I have to proofread my second comprehensive exam essay and get it ready to turn in next Friday. I also have to purchase my cap and gown!

But, this weekend I plan on spending some quality time with my friends. I have am in a pretty good routine of working really hard every other weekend. So this weekend I have off because I worked hard last weekend and I plan to again next weekend. I cannot wait to graduate and have my weekends back! I can't imagine what it must be like not to have piles of homework to do. I am looking forward to reading for fun and going on weekend trips to Disney World and to the beach. It's going to be great!

Until then, I am going to enjoy my last UF Homecoming as a student. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment