Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nate & Rachel's Wedding

Last weekend Grant and I were in the tourist capital of the Midwest...Indianapolis, IN. The last few times I've been to Indy have been for work, so it was nice to make a stop for fun! Grant arrived in Indy on Wednesday, I came on Friday after my work meeting in South Beach and a night with friends in Chicago. I drove my rental car directly to the rehearsal dinner. When I arrived everyone was still rehearsing. I watched and took a few photos. When they were done we all had dinner together and heard stories about the bride and groom. Grant grew up with Nate and was a groomsman in the wedding. Nate is a wonderful man. I have enjoyed visiting him either in Fort Myers, Indianapolis or Pasadena, CA. Grant and I were able to meet Rachel one evening when we were all in Fort Myers. Rachel is a perfect match for Nate. Grant and I could not be happier for them! After the rehearsal dinner we all headed to Nate's house. It was a fun time! Nate has been renting out the house while he's been living in California, but lately there haven't been any rentors. The house was nearly empty! After a while Grant and I headed to our hotel for the night. Saturday was the BIG day. Grant and I headed to the wedding site (an amazing estate just west of Indianapolis - a house with 12+ garages, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, indoor basketball court, 2 grand pianos, amazing landscaping and a bird that said "hello" when you walked by!). We helped set up for the big day. I made the centerpieces while Grant helped with other odds and ends. It was HOT! Luckily I planned ahead and brought everything I needed to shower and get ready for the wedding. I found a free shower and got ready after all of the centerpieces were completed. The wedding was beautiful. The ceremony was a tear-jerker. The vows were personal and from the heart. The music was perfect. The Rachel (who was stunning) and Nate were blissfully happy. Grant and I enjoyed every moment of the weekend. It was so nice to spend time with some of Grant's friends from all over the country. The night went by too quickly! The next morning we headed to the airport with Grant's friend Richard and said goodbye to Indy. I've included a few photos, for more photos check out our flickr.com page (www.flickr.com/photos/razaccardi)

1 comment: