Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in PV

We all had a great Christmas this year. It started with our Christmas Eve Eve party at Stephanie's (see previous post) and continued the next day. Each Christmas Eve Tess and I make Christmas cookies together. This Christmas was no different. She came over and we made a bunch of cookies and decorated them before dinner. Here are some photos from our cookie making afternoon!




I made bones for each of the dogs, well... I ran out and had to make Foo a star!


After we made and decorated the cookies it was time for Christmas Eve dinner at our Aunt Diane's house. This is another tradition that goes way back. When I was little we always spent Christmas Eve with my Mom's side of the family and then went to my Dad's side on Christmas Day. I remember one year we were at my Granny's condo for Christmas Eve and Santa showed up, like he always did. I went to sit on his lap and get my gift when I realized that it wasn't Santa...it was Uncle Jim!? This was all caught on tape. I jumped off his lap and went to my Mom, who was videotaping the whole thing and told her, "that's not Santa, it's Uncle Jim!" She told me that I was right and not to tell the other kids. This year there was no Santa, but there was a gift under the tree for Zack and Tess courtesy of Uncle John.



Di made ham, potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, cookies, homemade pineapple upside down cake and rolls (not so successfully).

Tess's face in this pic is priceless!


It was a yummy dinner with the family! After dinner we all went to church and then went home.

Christmas morning Grant and I exchanged gifts at our place (the two biggest gifts had already been opened - Reagan and our new TV). I got Grant some workout clothes, socks, candy, etc. Grant got me some workout clothes and some candy. We got each of the girls stockings filled with treats and some gifts from Ed, Cari, Steve and Meagon!




We then went to my Mom's for Christmas brunch. She made a great breakfast including homemade eggs benedict, scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage and bacon. It was all very yummy! After breakfast we opened gifts.


Can you find Tess in this pic?


Reagan looking for her present!


Cool shades, Tess!


The annual post present opening photo of Max in the wrapping paper.


Reagan found a spot in the corner to relax!

We all went in to get my Mom a new TV and Di an new laptop. I think they both really liked their gifts!

Priceless...I think we surprised her!



When Grant and I went home we relaxed and started putting away the Christmas decorations while Penelope and Reagan took a post-Christmas nap.

The house feels so bare now!

No comments:

Post a Comment