Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's all in the name

I have gotten some questions wondering how we named our two girls (Penelope Alexis and Reagan Elizabeth), so here are the details!


I've always wanted a puppy. When we lived in our condo I used to tell Grant that I wanted a puppy. He always said we could get one when we moved into a house. At that point we weren't even looking seriously at houses. I continued to check websites for cute Cavapoos (I fell in love with Cavaliers in DC when I saw a lady walking two of them in Old Town, but found out that they shed, so decided Cavapoos were the way to go). I also continued to tell Grant that I wanted a puppy. One day he asked what I'd name the puppy. I thought for a minute and said I'd name the puppy Penelope the Puppy. I liked the illiteration.

Then, I found the perfect puppy on Shaloma Loves Puppies website! She was ADORABLE and I HAD to have her despite the fact that we were still living in the condo and had no yard and lived on the third floor. Grant couldn't say no to me, so we put down a deposit around Christmastime 2007. Penelope arrived January 23, 2008. I decided to give her a full name so I selected Alexis as a middle name because I thought it flowed well with Penelope.

We had Penelope for a while and thought that she needed a sister. We asked the breeder when she was planning on breeding Penelope's parents again and waited for that litter to arrive. Unfortunately they only had boys. In the meantime Grant and I went to DC to visit our friend Danielle. While we were in DC Grant must have been feeling presidential because he decided we'd name Penelope's sister Reagan. I thought that was a great name and immediately started thinking of a good middle name. I quickly selected Elizabeth.

So that is how we got Penelope Alexis and Reagan Elizabeth. I was going for "New England Boarding School" names and I think I achieved that! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your pups are beautiful and have equally beautiful names :)

    ReplyDelete