Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Party with our Friends


This year we started a new tradition...a Christmas Eve Eve Party! Stephanie hosted it at her place. She had the day off work and must have spent a good portion of it cooking! She made pork loin, home made egg nog, sangria and appetizers. She even made Christmas themed green and red appetizers! I was SO impressed!! I was assigned to bring a vegetable...so I made, for the first time, green bean casserole. I'd never made a casserole of any sort before. Luckily there was an easy to follow recipe on the cream of mushroom can that I got a Publix! We had quite the spread! Erin brought some yummy mushroom rice; Claudia brought some Brazillian chicken salad; Andrea brought some Christmas cookies and dessert. It was all really good!


We had exchanged names earlier for Secret Santa gifts. Grant and I had Andrea and Stephanie. I got Stephanie a Starbucks ornament, coffee thermos (since I had seen her at work before drinking her morning coffee out of a solo cup!) and some cute earrings. I found a cute makeup set and earrings for Andrea. I think they both liked their gifts. Jeff had me, but I am sure Andrea did the shopping. She got me a Gators keyt chain, slippers and a Starbucks gift card. Stephanie had Grant. She got him swim goggles, a puzzle calendar and a water bottle. We all enjoyed the Secret Santa gift exchange!

After we all exchange secret santa gifts we had our white elephant gift exchange! It was so much fun!! We were laughing the whole time! I ended up with some scratch off tickets and won $2! Grant ended up with Gator salt and pepper shakers. Some other funny gifts were Jonas brothers paper plates, cups and napkins; KY jelly; a framed photo of Penelope; a talking Family Guy pen; a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bandana...I could go on. It was quite funny!



Overall everyone had an amazing time! We're so blessed to have found such great friends!!






1 comment:

  1. What great gag gifts :) And a wonderful tradition to begin!

    ReplyDelete