Thursday, June 16, 2005

Chocolate Anyone?

So here at the PGA TOUR we have a research guy named Ken. His office is the favorite office for many who work at the TOUR. Is it because statistics are incredible interesting? Is it because Ken can tell you how many kegs you would have if you filled each hole on every golf course in the entire United Stated with beer? (Just over 6,200 kegs) No, it is because Ken has a chocolate stash in his desk drawer. Usually in an office a desk drawer would have pens, post-its, paper clips and the like. Not in Ken’s office. Today he replenished his drawer with just over 13 POUNDS of candy ranging from Snickers to Mounds to Milky Way and everything in between.

Those who sit near Ken’s office will observe a steady stream of visitors. Even when Ken is on the phone or talking with someone in his office chocolate lovers will file into his office to get their chocolate fix.

Lesson learned: if you want to have a constant flow of people streaming into your office…buy lots and lots of chocolate and stash it in your desk drawer.

So work is great and all, but I have an idea…I was in the copy room earlier and I noticed a woman unstapling her documents so she could copy them. I remembered how I was doing just the same thing yesterday. I would take the staple out, copy the document, then re-staple the original. The copy machine is advanced enough to staple the copy, but…I think a copier can do more. I just need a good engineer to join me and a financial backer. Then, I am going to invent a copier that automatically with take staples out of original documents and then re-staple the originals and copies at the touch of a button. Who is with me?

~Becky - the only one who ever updates this blog. I should change the name to B Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment