Monday, April 14, 2008

Camillllooooo


So a while back I posted about how I won a world-wide fantasy game on PGATOUR.COM. The grand prize was a trip for two to the 2008 Sony Open in Hawaii, a spot in the Pro-Am tournament, air fare, hotel, rental car...the works. Unfortunately, I could not accept the prize since I work at the TOUR. It went to the runner up, Moose1. He ended up taking his wife and staying in Hawaii for 2+ weeks this past January.

Fast forward to last Wednesday. We had a New Media team meeting at work over lunch. We went over typical business stuff and updates. However, the highlight of the meeting was a complete surprise to me. Lee, our VP and GM of PGATOUR.COM, recognized me for winning the fantasy game out of every TOUR fan who participated. He noted that I never really got a prize. Then, he reached out for a bag under the table...in it was a photo frame. The photo in the frame was my favorite Gator golfer, and TOUR Pro, Camilo Villegas. He was crouched down reading a putt.

It gets better...

The photo was signed by Camilo! He wrote: "Becky, Thanks for believing in me. Camilo Villegas"

I love it!! =) It means a lot because I chose Camilo to be on of the four players on my team and he was the kicker. If I would have picked a different player from his tier I would have lost. I cannot wait to perhaps meet him at THE PLAYERS Championship in May. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment