Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Taste of Home

Last weekend Grant and I took Bella (our new BMW) and Penelope for their first road trip. We drove down to Fort Myers to visit Grant's parents. Grant's brother Eddie and his wife and 3 kids all were in town visiting as well.

Grant and I were both able to leave work just after lunch, affording us some much needed daylight to make the 6-hour trek. Penelope was great in the car. We stopped for dinner at a Quizno's near Tampa and were able to walk over to a PetSmart that was right next door! It was a nice break for Penelope I'm sure!

We arrived at Grant's parents about 30 minutes before Eddie and Cari did. Perfect timing! That night we were able to introduce everyone to Penelope and spend some quality time with the family. It was really nice to see everyone and meet Eddie and Cari's 6-month-old daughter Brenna. She was absolutely adorable! It was a good baby fix for me!!

On Saturday the kids went straight for the pool while we hung out and went shopping. Penelope enjoyed all of the attention she got from Meredith. I think she misses her a lot now!

Saturday night I was able to meet up with my good friend Mandy. Mandy and I shopped a bit and then met up with Grant, Josh, his wife Adrienne, Nate and his girlfriend Rachel. It was so nice to be in town the same weekend that Nate and Rachel were visiting from LA. It was also nice to see Adrienne. Her and Josh are expecting a baby girl in July. =)

Me & Mandy

Nate & Rachel

Josh & Adrienne

On Sunday we all went to church and then I went to drop in and see my friend and former RA, Kellie. Kellie and Jon have one of the cutest 1-year-olds I've ever seen, Lorelai. She is really quite amazingly adorable. Lorelai really liked our new car!Right before we left for home, we had a birthday lunch for Grant, who is now 26! These next few weeks between now and June 23 are some of my favorite because I can joke around with Grant that he is older than me! ;)


It was a really fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment