Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm going home

It's been a stressful past couple of weeks. I am, though, looking forward to a trip I have coming up tomorrow. I'm traveling up to Chicago to spend some quality time with my Great Aunt Dorothy. I am really excited about having some great one-on-one time with her, which I now value more than I ever had before. While that is the main focus of my visit, I am also going to meet up with a colleague of mine from work who lives in Chicago, spend some time with my closest friends, shop and eat great food, all the while missing Penelope and Grant a ton.

I grew up in Chicago and really miss the city and all it has to offer. Luckily, I have been able to make frequent visits to the city in the past few years either planning my wedding, going to my friend's wedding or visiting family. I am trying to convince Grant that one day we should live in Chicago. Our last trip up was in December and it did not help my case nor did the flurries in the weather forecast for last night!

I will be sure to post some photos and speak of my time in Chicago next week. Sometimes there is nothing much better than quality time with your girlfriends. Perhaps Grant will make a special blog appearance while I'm out of town! Yeah right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment