Friday, April 18, 2008

Elvis lives...at the mall in Ocala

So a few weeks back I promised my Mom I'd go with her to one of my brother Zack's basketball tournaments in Ocala, FL. For those of you who don't know, Ocala is in the middle of the state, right in between Gainesville and Orlando.

We met at a high school in St. Augustine at 9:30A on a Sunday. We drove in a caravan with Zack's coaches and other teammates all the way to Ocala. We arrived at about 11:45A, just before Zack's first game. When we arrived we were told that Zack's team would play at 12:30P and and 4:30P...so that meant we had to find something to do to pass several hours in Ocala. This was not exactly my idea of fun.

After the first game Zack's assistant coach said that Ocala had a "huge" mall where we could spend all afternoon. I was a bit skeptical. I had never heard of the malls in Ocala. We drove to the mall. It looked pretty small from the outside. We went inside. It was tiny. I think there were 3 department stores: Sears, JCPenney and Dillards. I was not impressed. That was the last time I'll trust a guy's opinion of a mall!

We had lunch at the food court, circled the mall a few times and then I saw him...

There was a man dressed up as Elvis, dancing and wearing shades. I was determined to get a photo with Elvis. Who knew Elvis lived in Ocala?!

No comments:

Post a Comment