Thursday, May 12, 2005

My First Week

I began working at the PGA Tour Headquarters on Monday. I spent Monday shadowing a Marketing Assistant. I learned how to fully execute 3 party agreements and log player phone concerns. At the end of the day I felt ready to do some work on my own.

On Tuesday I still did not have a computer or phone. Consequently, I could not do any work by myself. So, I stuffed promotional folders for the better part of the day. I also read half of a book I brought from home (in anticipation of a day filled with menial tasks).

Yesterday I finally received my computer at 10:30 AM. I was able to answer a set of trivia questions a Marketing Director had asked me to do, set up my email account and try a couple of contracts by myself. I think I did them pretty well for my first try.

Today I have not been given any work to do yet. I am pretty bored. I feel bad bothering the girl who trained me all the time for things to do. She told me that the last intern surfed the internet all semester. At least they are paying me!

On another note, there are just 15 days left until I get to see Grant! Woohoo!

~Becky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment