Thursday, May 26, 2005

Uh oh!

I am taking a summer course entitled: Destination Marketing. It is a distance course which means that I can do everything from home. It includes online lectures, discussions and a group project done online. This should be interesting. We are put into groups of 4-5 people and we each do a section of the project and then put it all together. This project is worth 70% of my grade with the other 30% coming from posting on an online discussion page. I am a little worried. I will never meet these group members. I do not know what kind of students they are. I am usually pretty particular in picking groups for class projects. Luckily, I have met some amazing people at school and we have done many a project together with great results. However, this is a bit out of my comfort zone and it gets worse...

Our professor posted a sample project online. I opened the .pdf file and saw that it was 75 pages! This is a 6 week course. I think she is nuts. This is the first time she has taught a distance summer course. I am not excited about being the guinea pig for this experiment to say the least.

I will keep you posted in July when I start the course. It should be interesting, but I need the credits to graduate a semester early in December. And, I will get an A.

UF Baseball Update:
UF first baseman Matt LaPorta has garnered a lot of accolades this week. SEC Player of the Week, SEC Player of the Year and First Team All-American. In regards to team play, our Gators came back from a 6-2 deficit in the 8th inning to beat Arkansas 9-8.
Go Gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment