Friday, June 22, 2012

Mother's Day, Anniversary and Graduation...OH MY!

Mother's Day: A week after we got home was Mother's Day. It was my official first Mother's Day if you count fetuses in utero! Grant made me breakfast and got me flowers. Several people sent me cards. It was a special day...despite the fact that I was fighting a nasty cold. I hardly ever get sick, but I consulted with Dr. Google and apparently pregnant women's immune systems are down for the duration of their pregnancies so their body won't reject the baby (or babies). So I will be extra careful and wash my hands even more often with that bit of knowledge. Luckily I didn't get sick on vacation!

Anniversary: May 28th was a great day. Not only was it a day off work and a day to remember our brave servicemen and women, but it was our 6 year anniversary! We celebrated by going out to a new Italian restaurant for dinner. It was good, but not nearly as good as what we had experienced just a few weeks prior in Italy. I feel so blessed to have found Grant at such an early age. I can say in all honesty that I am more in love with him now than I was then. I cannot wait to see how he will be as a father. I know that he will do an amazing job as he has already with Penelope and Reagan. I am prepared to fall in love with him all over again. :)

Graduation: A week after our anniversary was my sister’s high school graduation. Tess is the last of the five of us Zaccardis to graduate high school, but she is certainly not the least.










She outscored all of us on her SATs and is headed to UF in the Fall. I couldn’t be more proud of her. She is going to LOVE being a Gator and has so many amazing opportunities in her future. She is going to be living in a double in Rawlings Hall. I will be sure to visit her often with the twins as we raise them to be Gators as well.

It doesn’t seem like it’s been 12 years since I started college at UF. Time goes by so quickly. Tess came to visit me when she was in elementary school. It was so special to take her around campus, to football games and share my college experience with her.

I plan on going down to Gainesville this August to help her move in. Help is a relative term since I will be quite pregnant. But I’ll be a great supervisor! Move in day was always my favorite at UF from being a student to being an RA to a Hall Director. It was always filled with meeting new people and the start of a new year. I went down to Orlando to help Zack move in the last two years. Each time my goal was to be mistaken as many times as possible as a college student. I’d wear shorts and a tank top and I was quite successful. I have a feeling that I won’t be able to pass as an incoming student at UF this time around.

3 comments:

  1. SO cute that you like to help with move-ins. It is a special time, for sure. I remember it most vividly as an RA - moms and dads leaving their 'babies' with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so wonderful your sister is going to be a Gator too! She'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Tess went to a football game with us! 12 years ago - CRAZY! Good times for sure. She is going to have a blast! Lucky that you are so close to help... and visit UF often.

    ReplyDelete